Any kind of kratom can be made into tea, and the differing effects of each kratom strain will carry over into the tea. That means White and Green vein teas will be energizing, whereas Red vein teas will be calming. For those experiencing stress or sleep loss, Red vein kratom tea is a soothing, calming tea that may be beneficial.
Many people who take Red vein kratom are already using it for stress relief or help sleeping, and turning the raw powder into tea is a wonderfully calming way of taking kratom. For people who’ve never taken kratom before, having it as a tea can be a great introduction to kratom. Our blend of Red vein kratom is called Relax, and that’s what we’d recommend using to make a soothing, relaxing tea.
If you’ve tried kratom and you love it, or you’ve never tried it before and you’re interested, this simple guide to making kratom tea will be easy to follow.
How To Make Kratom Tea:
Making kratom tea is actually pretty simple! To start, you need to know how much kratom your average dose should be. If you’ve never taken kratom before, don’t worry! This is based on your body (smaller people will need smaller doses and larger people will need larger doses), and how frequently you take kratom. Here’s a quick chart of recommended doses. If you already take kratom, just use the amount you typically would for one dose!
Infrequent User: >3.5g/1Tbsp.
Frequent User: <3.5g/1Tbsp. but >10g
1 level tablespoon is about 3.5g of kratom.
You Will Need:
- A small saucepan
- A strainer, a coffee filter, or cheesecloth
- Kratom powder
- Optional: 1 lemon
- honey, sugar, cinnamon, or anything else you want to flavour it with
- *PRO TIP: It isn’t necessary, but a lot of people add lemon juice to their tea because the acidity is supposed to protect the potency of the kratom alkaloids. Plus, it tastes good!*
- Pour 1½-2 cups of water into a saucepan and squeeze in the juice of your lemon.
- Bring the water to a simmer, and then add in your pre-determined kratom dose. For a calming tea, be sure to use RED VEIN kratom, like our Relax blend.
- Stir briefly, then allow the water to continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take your saucepan off of heat.
- Place your strainer/filter over your mug, and slowly pour the kratom tea in. You should catch most of the powder to ensure your tea is clear and sediment free.
- Kratom tea has a fairly strong flavor, so we recommend adding honey or the sweetener of your choice.
That’s it! Easy, right? You can go from kratom powder to kratom tea in no time flat!
Remember, in order for the tea to have a relaxing effect, you should be using a Red vein kratom like our Relax blend, and no more than 10g at a time. At over 10g, kratom can have reversed effects than it normally would.
If you’re brewing your tea before bed or in an effort to relieve stress, we recommend enjoying your tea with dim lights, if possible. Low lighting helps the brain recognize it’s time to relax, making it easier to get ready for bed or calm racing thoughts.
During or after enjoying your tea, while you wait for the kratom to start taking effect, a fifteen minute meditation session can help with both sleep and stress relief. Here’s a simple guide to meditation anyone can do from home:
- Sit or lay down somewhere comfortable.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe naturally.
- Pay attention to your breathing and your body’s movements, without trying to control it. Simply feel your chest and stomach rise and fall, paying attention to each breath. If you notice yourself thinking about something else, start focusing on your breathing again.
After 15 minutes or so, the effects of the kratom tea will begin to be noticeable. Hopefully, this combination will help towards sleep and stress relief.
If you enjoy the effects of kratom, or have never tried it but are in need of sleep aid or stress relief, kratom tea is worth trying. The effects are pleasant, and it’s easy to do it right.
Don’t need stress relief but love kratom? Tea made from White and Green vein kratom is great too, but instead of being soothing it will be energizing!
Want more info on kratom? See our kratom guide here.
Buying Kratom? Visit Grassroots Heals, coupon code ‘AVS10′ for 10% off your entire order!